Tim and I have been watching alot of Flight of the Conchords. I highly highly recommend it to everyone (except, mom, I think you might find it 'weird' :). Anyway, it's HI-larious! You've got to check it out.
Funny A stories:
The other day A was putting her pants on in the kitchen (why the kitchen? i'm not sure..dressing and undressing herself is one of her new hobbies) and I am doing something near her, close enough to hear her utter, " Damnit! I can't get my leg in!" I say, "what did you say, Alex?" and she looks at me and says, "damnit, my legs won't fit in". That's what I thought. So I explain to her that is not a nice thing to say and she hears me or dad say it sometimes but we really shouldn't and blah blah blah. That same evening as I am getting her ready to get in the shower, I turn the shower on and the nozzle was facing us a little bit---outside of the tub---and she says--so seriously frusterated, "Damnit, mama! you sprayed me with the shouwa!" Nice. So, again, I explained. ugh! I really need to watch my mouth. I didn't even realize that I say that but evidently I do?! And she uses it SO appropriately! ha!
Also, she recently told me in the car during one of our really great conversations [I love our car talks], "mama, i'm growing wings...buttafly wings and when I'm all big I'm gonna fly away and live up day-a (there) [points to the sky] in my own house....[she's quiet for a moment, imagining and then says]....mmm hmmm---with Grampa." Oh, nice. She's all ready to leave me AND she doesn't want me to move in with her! Of course she wants Grandpa!
She was crying after I 'scolded' her the other night [I was in a bad mood and later apologized because she really wasn't being that bad] and mid tears, big huge sad tears, she yells, "GRAM-PAAAAA.....[tears, tears]....GRAM-PAAAAAAAAAAAA" Talk about my heart falling out on to the ground, not because she was calling for 'grampa' [I love that they are the best of buddies] but because I had made her feel so sad that she truly wanted him to come save her from mean ol' mama! :(
Hope everyone had a safe and fun Holiday weekend. I enjoyed it with my babes at work. Over the course of the last 5 weeks I have let a new pea-pie sneak into my thoughts and heart at work. He and his family are amazing. AND his mom told me that she thinks I am his favorite nurse! sigh....it's good to hear that sometimes----makes ya feel good! :)
4 comments:
you would be my favorite nurse too, if i had a child who needed care. You are so compasionate and I am glad you have found a career so fulfilling!
Good stories :)
Maizie's first curse word was Damnit as well! She loved saying that one. Too funny. Now, as you know Maizie will not allow cuss words of any kind, except in movies. But, she does have to point them out and then tell us we are not to use them. She is such a stickler to the rules!
Alex is such a cutie. So...is she not afraid of the shower head anymore? That would be great if she is done with that fear.
A very sweet post! Missing you! I saw you sent M some adorable flare. She has not logged on yet but I will for sure help her with it tomorrow. I love the one with her wearing the shades.
Where have you been? I know I haven't commented in awhile, but I am a faithful checker of the blog. Miss ya!
Post a Comment